There is a myriad of products available which claim to help stop snoring.
While a few of these, such as ApneaRX, have been scientifically proven to be effective anti-snoring solutions, many other products are not effective at all. The promise much but deliver very little.
One product which may be helpful, particularly if used in tandem with ApneaRX, is the anti-snore pillow.
Anti-Snore Pillows – What are They?
Anti-snoring pillows are pillows which have been specifically designed to alter your sleeping position or otherwise minimize snoring. Depending on their design, they aim to work in different ways.
Anti-snore pillows are designed ergonomically to provide support to the head and neck. They may also modify your natural sleeping position, for example, to encourage side-sleeping. These changes in position may improve breathing whilst asleep and open the airways to minimize snoring.
While the effectiveness of anti-snore pillows used on their own to address snoring is not proven, they may be helpful to boost the effectiveness of ApneaRX.
Different anti-snoring pillow designs work in different ways.
- ApneaRX strongly recommends sleeping on your side as an effective way to help minimize snoring. Anti-snore pillows encourage this sleep position. For people who don’t snore when they sleep on their side, this can be a good solution.
- Some pillows are wedge-shaped to affect a more upright position when sleeping on the back. It ensures the head is not pushed forward, which can compress the airways. Slightly elevating your head can reduce snoring significantly, as the effects of gravity on the airways are mitigated.
- If you have been diagnosed with sleep apnoea and use a CPAP machine, there are some pillows which have been specially designed to accommodate CPAP masks. These make wearing the mask much more comfortable and help enable a less distracted night’s sleep due to the mask.
- There are anti-snore pillows which realign the neck to prevent airways compression. Many people who prefer to sleep on a higher pillow will find that their head tilts forward as a result, and this can compress the throat and compromise the airways. Used alongside ApneaRX, this type of pillow can dramatically improve snoring.
- Smart pillows identify snoring and vibrate to stimulate the airways or alert the sleeper via a snore alarm.
Possible Benefits of Anti-Snore Pillows
Sleeping on the side can be enough to stop snoring altogether for some people. This is because sleeping on the back can interfere with airflow through the airways. This is due to gravity, anatomical issues, jaw positioning during sleep, fat deposits in the face and neck, and poor muscle tone in the neck.
ApneaRX addresses your jaw position while you sleep, opening the airways. The right anti-snoring pillow, used with ApneaRX, can help to stop snoring altogether.
Drawbacks of Anti-Snore Pillows
- Pillows that are designed to stop snoring don’t work for everyone and they rarely work perfectly is used alone.
- Anti-snoring pillows fail to address the root causes of snoring (unless sleeping on your side is enough to resolve the issue). Lifestyle solutions like losing weight, not smoking, losing weight, and treating allergies comprise a holistic approach to the condition.
- Side sleeping is simply uncomfortable for some people.
- Anti-snore pillows which enforce a more upright sleeping position may also tilt your head forward. (Alternatively, some people have neck issues which don’t allow for the head to rest far back). This may result in the worsening of your breathing patterns and making your snoring worse.
Why is ApneaRX the Best Solution to Stop Snoring?
ApneaRX is an effective, unobtrusive, 100% portable and medically proven anti-snoring solution. It has been biomedically engineered by industry experts and can help stop snoring no matter what your most comfortable sleeping position is.
- Affordable with no ongoing costs
- Registered Class 1 Medical Device
- Reusable and re-mouldable
- Dental grade biomedical engineering
- Recommended by sleep clinics and pharmacists
- 12-month warranty and Money-back guarantee
If you’re seeking a solution to help you stop snoring and which allows you to maintain your natural sleeping position, choose ApneaRX. This is an NZ-based oral anti-snoring device which is worn in the mouth during sleep. It is adjustable to comfortably and gently reposition your lower jaw, which helps to keep your airways open while you are asleep. This will minimise the likelihood and severity of snoring. It may also help alleviate sleep apnoea.